Our Executive Chef”s favourite dish to eat at the hawker stalls in Singapore is Carrot Cake, which ironically has no carrot in it at all. Make this Black Carrot Cake dish at home with the recipe below:
- 3 pieces radish cake, cubed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 large chopped red chilli
- 50ml ketjap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce) or thick soy sauce
- 30ml light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek or Sriracha
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 50g pickled turnip
Heat some oil in a wok add the radish cake and fry until it turns golden.
Add the garlic and then the eggs, stir gently to scramble the eggs.
Add the remaining ingredients, stir for a further minute then spoon out on to a serving bowl.
And last, but certainly not least, enjoy! 🙂